- This entire course is completed online and in your own time
- 2.5 hours of podcasts: broken down into 10 – 20 minute episodes
- 2-page case study
- A brief research component (no submission required)
- 10 multiple-choice questions to complete the course
- This course takes between 6 – 8 hours to complete
- 16 CPD hours (4 verifiable and 12 non-verifiable)
- Recommended time to complete the course is 21 days but users have access to material for 6 months
Section 1: Introduction
- Teaching and Learning Strategy: This document outlines The AccTech Institute’s core beliefs with regards to the most effective means of transferring knowledge. The Teaching and Learning Strategy explains the manner in which AccTech courses will be taught.
Section 2: Case Study
- Introduction to Go Insure Document: This document explains the Go Insure Case Study scenario. It outlines the situation in which you find yourself in the context of a real life working example and poses the categories of accounting and reporting which you will need to address in order to account for blockchain and cryptocurrency transactions.
Introduction to Go Insure Podcast: This podcast introduces the Go Insure Case Study and the issues that will be addressed.
- Work to be Done Document: This document outlines the different areas of cryptotechnology and accounting that you will need to research and the issues you will need to address in order to satisfactorily complete the Go Insure Case Study.
Work to be Done Podcast: This podcast discusses the research and topics which need to be covered in order to finish the case study and in doing so, understand how to account for blockchain transaction most correctly.
- Expert Discussion Podcast: The AccTech experts discuss the following aspects of the Go Insure Case Study: Smart contracts and their applicability to the insurance industry; How practical it is to implement smart contracts for insurance purposes and some of the pros and cons of doing so; The accounting implications of smart contracts for Go Insure; The tax implications of smart contracts for Go Insure; The audit implications of smart contracts for Go Insure.
- Additional Applications Document: This document introduces the implications of Bitcoin transactions into the Go Insure Case Study and outlines the work to be done in order to be able to account for Bitcoin correctly.
Additional Applications – Introduction Podcast: This podcast introduces the additional applications section of the Go Insure Case Study relating to the use of Bitcoin for settlements and the questions this raises from a reporting perspective.
Section 3: Case Study
- Suggested Solution Report: This document provides a suggested solution to the Go Insure Case Study.
- Additional Applications – Suggested Solution: This document provides a suggested solution to the Additional Applications section of the Go Insure Case Study.
Additional Applications – Expert Discussion Podcast: In this podcast the AccTech experts discuss the additional applications section of the Go Insure Case Study, focussing on Bitcoin and how to account for it.
Our Thought Leader Instructors